Founded by a small group of enthusiastic medics a few years ago, some would say IMed is still undergoing embryological development, however, we believe otherwise. With the amazing support from our valued members (and non-members), IMed has definitely embraced human life and we intend, by the grace of God, to continue growing from strength to strength. With some special events already lined up for the coming year, revision clinics, educational seminars and social dinners organized we as a dedicated team of students are ready to make this a special year for you, our valued students, insha’Allah.
Our aims remain clear:
1. To maintain the sense of community in and around the medical school
2. To create opportunities to launch academic discussion into controversial medical issues
3. To provide insight into what life as a Muslim healthcare professional means
In the past we have accomplished some memorable things alhamdulillah; raising £1550 for the AmmaLife charity in our 2014 Fundraising Dinner and £842.78 for Gaza in an Iftaar. Our lectures and discussions have welcomed some of the country’s well known Professionals. We are always looking to improve, develop and expand our growing family. With you all on board we can together reach the next level insha’Allah.
Anyone and everyone can become a member! Just simply get in touch with any of our team for further details and you will receive an outline of what we have in store for you this coming year insha’Allah.
We hope that the mix of exciting academic discussions and enjoyable recreational activities will be sufficient for you to become a member of IMed!
IMed Committee 2015-2016
Why Join IMED?
- We hope that the mix of exciting academic discussions and enjoyable recreational activities will be sufficient for you to become a member of IMed!
- We are a wide reaching society with primary aim of benefiting others and increasing them in knowledge
- We publicise and advertise a multitude of businesses to provide you with opportunities to network and bridge links with our respected contacts for volunteer purposes, employment opportunities or to enhance your medical and professional development.
- Our members are from a variety of course disciplines and walks of life. Pharmacy students, dental students and biomedical students comprise our massive student base of over 200 students and this provides an opportunity for you to make friends and socialize.
- Extensive collaboration with other University societies and events involve up to 400 people; strengthening the unity of our Muslim students on campus at the University of Birmingham.
- Your time and commitment is an investment in the future of the Ummah and will help the future doctors, dentists, pharmacists, biomedical scientists – sadaqah jaariyah!